Most Commonly Asked Questions

Don't see the answer you are looking for? Feel free to get in touch.

Q: What kind of payment do you accept?

A: We accept cash or check.

Q: Where do you deliver?

A: We can deliver to MA, RI, CT by truck or other locations via rail car.

Q: Do I need to come in to place an order?

A: Orders can be placed in person, by phone, or online using our online quote request form.

Q: Do I have to be there when you deliver my product?

A: You should plan to be on-site when your product is delivered unless you have made other arrangements that are mutually acceptable. At time of delivery you may be required to execute a Waiver of Liability.

Q: Can I pick up product with a pick-up truck or trailer?

A: Product can be picked up with a pick-up truck or trailer. All customers entering Rawson Materials’ property for pick-up purposes will be required to have a signed Assumption of Risk and Liability form on file and shall obey all posted rules and regulations on the premises.

Q: Is there a minimum quantity I must purchase for pick-up or delivery?

A: There is no minimum quantity needed to pick-up materials; however, any pick-up of less than $13.50 is subject to a $6+ tax scale charge/weigh fee. Deliveries require a 10-ton minimum but smaller amounts may be available by inquiry.

Q: Are pick-ups available on Saturday?

A: No, our plants operate Monday-Friday 7:00am – 4:30pm.; however, deliveries may be available on Saturdays if arranged in advance.

Q: Are you open during the winter?

A: Yes, we are open year-round at most of our locations. We encourage you to call ahead of time to inquire about a specific location. Please note that all Rawson Materials’ locations will be closed the week between Christmas and New Years.

Q: Can I use your scale to weigh my boat, trailer, antique car, or camper?

A: We do have a certified scale available for 3rd party use. There is an associated $6 +tax charge to use the scale.

Q: What types of products do you carry?

A: Please see our products page for product types and colors carried at each plant.